question

ksills avatar image
ksills asked wsadiq commented

Can a Clover pay button be added to an existing website

I have a client, Chris's specialty Foods that has a website where customers order on line and have the option to pick up in Store or have the product shipped to them. The last step is to pay. Could a clover pay button added to link with the clover in the store or stores?

Payments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered

It is a bit more complicated than just adding a button, but yes, you are probably looking for our hosted checkout - https://docs.clover.com/docs/hosted-checkout-api.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

ksills avatar image
ksills answered David Marginian Deactivated commented
Will this hosted checkout option link directly with the clover device in the store?
1 comment
10 |2000

David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·
Can you explain what you mean by this? The payment taken from the hosted checkout will be linked to the merchant's account, yes. This method is used strictly for taking payment though. Are you looking for more?
0 Likes 0 ·
ksills avatar image
ksills answered David Marginian Deactivated edited
If a website has 4 different locations to order from, could there be 4 different hosted checkout links ( one for each store) ?
1 comment
10 |2000

Are all 4 locations separate Clover merchants? You would need to follow the same process for each merchant location (they would all have distinct tokens, etc.).

0 Likes 0 ·
ksills avatar image
ksills answered
This one company Chris's Specialty Foods with 4 different merchant accounts all linked together. Each will have a clover device In the store. Will the hosted checkout for each store on the website link to the respective clover device in each location showing the payments?
10 |2000

ksills avatar image
ksills answered David Marginian Deactivated commented
If you can go to the following website: Chrisspecialtyfoods.com it may help explain what I am asking. I am just looking for a payment solution. If a customer pays for product to be picked up in a store, I want this payment to show up in the clover device in that specific store. Currently it is all going to one merchant account. I am thinking we would need a hosted checkout link for each of the 4 merchant accounts ( location)
1 comment
10 |2000

Do you want to create Clover orders and pay for those orders or do you just need to take a payment through Clover?

0 Likes 0 ·
ksills avatar image
ksills answered wsadiq commented

I would like to be take payments through clover on the existing website for each of the 4 merchant accounts and have these payments show in the Clover devices at each location.

2 comments
10 |2000

Yes, you can do that, read the docs and let me know if you have any problems.

0 Likes 0 ·
wsadiq avatar image wsadiq commented ·
You should probably use an already built solution such as Orders And Rewards. You can reach out to us at info@ordersandrewards.com.
0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community