question

jblack avatar image
jblack asked rachel Deactivated answered

iOS app wrapper for web shopping cart, how can I integrate?

I am new to Clover, I don't even have any hardware yet. We have an iOS app that is more like a wrapper that loads our web app and shopping cart. I would like to know if there is a way to pass information from our shopping cart or the iOS app (customer info, Store location, Shopping cart total, etc...) to the Clover device/app, handle the transaction and get some sort of response back (transaction number, sale complete, sale canceled, etc...) to the web app or the iOS app. Is this possible? What are my options? What is recommended?
OrdersREST APIPayments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

rachel avatar image
rachel Deactivated answered
Hi @jblack,

If you would like your web app to be able to take card-present transactions on a Clover Mini or Mobile, then semi-integrating with our JavaScript SDK, Remote Pay Cloud, sounds like a good fit. (We also have a Swift SDK, Remote Pay iOS.) Remote Pay Cloud can send a saleRequest to the Clover device, which will start a transaction and respond with callbacks about its state, culminating in onSaleResponse when the transaction is complete. To semi-integrate, you will need a devkit, as taking payments is hardware-dependent and therefore cannot be emulated. Please reach out to semi-integrations@clover.com so we can discuss your integration in more detail and help you get started.
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community