question

ramya avatar image
ramya asked Richelle Herrli commented

Is it possible to toggle customer facing display in Station duo/pro?

Hi,

We have Kiosk, we want to toggle app in both Mini and Station2018 in Station Duo.

Based on merchant requirement, he can use kiosk mini and payments in Station 2018 or kiosk in Station2018 and payment in mini. Is it possible?

Can any one please help.

Thank you.

station pro
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Richelle Herrli avatar image
Richelle Herrli answered Richelle Herrli commented

The Station Duo is not the same as a Mini tethered to a Station (2018); it is a version of the Mini (2nd Gen) attached to a touchscreen monitor. The device is intended to be used so that the Mini is customer-facing and the monitor is merchant-facing.

2 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

edward avatar image edward commented ·
I think he's asking about switching between the merchant-facing and customer-facing displays. Is that possible?
0 Likes 0 ·
Richelle Herrli avatar image Richelle Herrli ♦♦ edward commented ·
I'm not completely sure about reversing which screen is customer-facing and which is merchant-facing, but you would run into a number of logistical issues from doing this. The biggest issue I can see is that the merchant terminal does not take payments. You would run into an issue where the customer would be interacting with the merchant terminal before needing to hand their payment method over to the merchant to run the physical transaction. Some forms of payment (say, Apple Pay), would make this process disjointed. If you wanted to turn a larger screened Clover device into a kiosk, you'd be better off with a Station (2018).
0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community