question

sreekant avatar image
sreekant asked David Marginian Deactivated commented

not getting note in transaction details section of order.

Hi

I using below clover API for payment

https://apisandbox.dev.clover.com/v3/merchants/XXXXXXXXXX/orders/XXXXXXXXXX/payments?access_token=5f07c1ef-30ba-fd0e-ba59-XXXXXXXXXX

with request body: {"amount":"322","employee":{"id":"XXXXXXXXX"},"note":"00000158 Parent device off, TXN from first online child:EMULATOR30X2X6X0","order":{"id":"XXXXXXXXXXX"},"tender":{"id":"XXXXXXXXXXX"}}

by above details order were successfully paid and there were note :"00000158 Parent device off, TXN from first online child:EMULATOR30X2X6X0" visible in transaction details.

you can see in image: dev-pay-api.png

But when i migrate the payment API to ecommerce Pay API, note is not visible in transaction details.

Now using pay API: https://scl-sandbox.dev.clover.com/v1/orders/XXXXXXXXXXX/pay

Now in transaction details of an order:

ecommerce-pay-api.png

So i want to where is my mistake as i am sending same request body in ecommerce pay API.

Paymentse-commerce api
dev-pay-api.png (48.3 KiB)
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered David Marginian Deactivated commented

/v3/merchants/mId/orders/orderId/payments is for creating a payment record, that is generally used for paying via external/customer tender. Now that you aren't using that endpoint you will need to set the note on the order, we would have to know how you are creating the order to tell you how to do that.

6 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

sreekant avatar image sreekant commented ·

I am using order connector to create an order from android application.

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ sreekant commented ·

And using ecomm to pay? That seems very odd. I don't understand that use case. You will need to set the note when you create the order via order connector.

0 Likes 0 ·
sreekant avatar image sreekant David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

Thanks for replying.

I am not using ecomm to pay. I only want to change the order status from open to paid with order details by using custom tender.

Should i set the transaction note in order? or we can add from somewhere else.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community