question

vahalaru avatar image
vahalaru asked David Marginian Deactivated answered

Custom virtual merchant facing app

I am working on making a simple desktop application that the users can hit a sale button and enter the amount they would like to process a card for. Then connect using secure network pay display app and display the default payment screen for the customer to do their thing. That's it anything else could be done from the clover payment device. At or store we almost always are taking payments from customers, occasionally I have to utilize some other function but that is not what I'm trying to solve.

My problem lies in that I am wanting to use Kotlin to write this program and this app would run on windows. Since Kotlin is interoperable with Java I'm guessing I need to follow the Java examples? Also I am confused as to what sdks or examples to follow. I don't need to run anything on the clover other than the SNPD app. Could anyone help point me in the right direction?

Currently I have a button than displays a text field the user can use to type in the amount of the sale and an ok button to start the payment on the clover device. I feel like I'm missing a simple step to commoner this and make it work.

Thank you.

PaymentsClover Minisecure network pay display
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered

You need to use a Clover Connector SDK - https://docs.clover.com/docs/using-clover-connector. Take a look at this page and all the subsections for usage, best practice, etc. We used to, but no longer support a Java SDK. Your options are .NET, iOS, JavaScript. If your app was running on an Android tablet you could use Remote Pay Android and Kotlin, but, you said it will be running on your computer.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community