question

joecohn avatar image
joecohn asked zgreathouse Deactivated commented

Can I build a private app to be installed on clover devices for my companies custom software?

I am building my own software and would like to integrate clover devices for front of the store. But it needs to interact with my own custom software. So publishing my clover app to the marketplace would not make sense. Is this doable?
App Market
2 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

zgreathouse avatar image zgreathouse commented ·

For clarification, are you looking to run your own POS software on Clover Devices?

0 Likes 0 ·
joecohn avatar image joecohn commented ·
I am running my own software on the pc at the desk I then want the customer to be able
to pay on the clover device. I am looking for any solution. Using existing third party that I can integrate with or build and app for the clover. I just cant seem to get the appropriate information for what my options are, if any
0 Likes 0 ·
zgreathouse avatar image
zgreathouse Deactivated answered zgreathouse Deactivated edited
What you are describing sounds like a semi-integration. This would be where you run your own point of sale software from your own terminal as you described, but use a Clover device to process cards. To begin this process, you would need to fill out an application to semi-integrate with Clover. Please let me know if this is what you are looking for. If so I can send you the application. Here is our semi-integration developer docs if you would like to review them: https://docs.clover.com/clover-platform/docs/clover-development-basics-semi

If you wanted to use Clover for your full POS solution (Clover Hardware, Clover Software, Clover Card Processing) then that can be arranged as well. As a Clover Merchant you would have access to all of the Apps published on the app market, limited only by the service plan your Merchant is signed up for. (You can find our service plan documentation here: https://www.clover.com/us/en/help/compare-clover-service-plans/). If you need any type of functionality for your POS outside of what is available currently within Clover's native apps and the apps available for download on the App Market, then you can develop an app and publish it to the clover app market. For clarification, production merchants only have access to published apps on the Clover App Market- we do not have a private app market.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or require any further clarification.
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

joecohn avatar image
joecohn answered zgreathouse Deactivated commented
It does sound like we want the semi-integration. I haven’t had the chance yet to review all the docs but if you can send me the application I would love to get the process started. Thanks
10 |2000

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community