question

nicrockbot avatar image
nicrockbot asked mancdev published

Can't create new clover emulator

I've created an emulator before, without any problems, but now I am trying to create a new one within Genymotion, and the app updater is downloading and has verified all apps, except Secure Payments, Authorizations, and Mobile Printer are returning Verify Failed. From that point, if I click continue, nothing happens. If I click Close, the clover launcher is never launched.

Emulator
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Mike M avatar image
Mike M answered

Can you please verify that you followed all the steps as per our documentation: https://docs.clover.com/build/android...

Additionally, the Clover launcher isn't going to just launch on its own. Can you please verify that it was indeed installed (not just download verified) and that the following instructions on how to reset the default Launcher for any Android device as per: http://www.cnet.com/how-to/reset-your...

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jim-patel avatar image
jim-patel answered shopventory commented

If you load the emulator as Android 4.2.2 (the same as a Clover Station) then the app updater will fail to verify Secure Payments, Authorizations, and Mobile Printer because those require Android 4.4.4. Once a package is not verified by the App Updater, it will not update any apps.

To get around this, I have taken to making all of my emulators Android 4.4.4, even if they are to be a Clover Station emulator.

2 comments
10 |2000

Mike M avatar image Mike M commented ·

You are correct in that they don't properly verify for installation, however I just verified on a fresh 4.2.2 emulator that continuing to hit the "Continue" button will allow you to install the other apps just fine. After the Clover Launcher app installs, tapping the home button automatically brought up the Launcher selector. Hitting "Close" will not launch the Launcher app.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, we will make a fix to not have those apps attempt to installation on 4.2.2.

0 Likes 0 ·
shopventory avatar image shopventory commented ·

This is still an issue as of right now, and there is no "Continue" button. See screenshot

Clicking Install Now only tries to redownload and verify those over and over again.

0 Likes 0 ·
mancdev avatar image
mancdev answered mancdev published
I am currently having this problem. I cant get 4.2.2 genymotion working, secure payments fails to verify
10 |2000

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community