question

Austin Reynolds avatar image
Austin Reynolds asked Austin Reynolds edited

Politeness: More than 3 expansions, or more GET requests?

Hi there! I need to get a bunch of order data with all fields expanded, to store them for data analysis. It'll be all orders for several stores, so it's quite a lot of data, though the GET requests for each merchant ID will be done serially.

The API documentation asks that we expand at most three fields per API call. I would prefer to lower the rate of my queries and include all of the expands, but I suppose I could do separate queries and merge the documents if absolutely necessary. Is it capital-B Bad to expand more? Wouldn't doubling or tripling the number of queries be more of a strain for Clover?

Edit: Perhaps there is some other way to get a data dump from Clover? Surely there are plenty of retailers who want to pull their retail data down. Maybe I'm missing another option that's preferable to the REST API for this task?
REST API
2 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Miguel avatar image Miguel commented ·

What are the requests and expansions?

0 Likes 0 ·
Austin Reynolds avatar image Austin Reynolds Miguel commented ·

Orders, all fields expanded. Well, at least one level down. So something like:

https://api.clover.com/v3/merchants/merchant_id/orders?expand=lineItems.modifications&expand=customers&expand=payments&expand=credits&access_token=my_token
0 Likes 0 ·

0 Answers

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community