question

Bejoy Nair avatar image
Bejoy Nair asked pranit commented

Clover Push Notification on Android Emulator

Hi Folks,
Has anyone successfully received Clover Push Notification (Clover API trigger notification) on an Android Emulator. We have been trying to make this work on emulator without any luck. It seems the clover notification is only delivered on official Clover devices.

Our only option is to then move to google firebase notifications. Could someone please confirm.
thx,
Clover Android SDK
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Bryanne Vega avatar image
Bryanne Vega answered pranit commented
Just an FYI, I don't recommend Clover's push notifications as they're not guaranteed to be delivered, assuming you've loaded all the DevApks correctly I imagine that's why you're not receiving them (not an official device) although on my devkit I receive them correctly, may I recommend using another Push service for the sake of your development.
5 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Dan avatar image Dan commented ·

Hey Bryanne, are there other push notification services that do not require Google Play Services? I haven't looked hard but I am yet to find one!

1 Like 1 ·
brokenoval avatar image brokenoval Dan commented ·

@Bryanne Vega just to second Dan's query here, are there any push services that do not require GP Services? I can't find any either and FCM/ GCM won't work on Clover because of the missing GP services.

0 Likes 0 ·
Bejoy Nair avatar image Bejoy Nair commented ·

Thanks Bryanne. For the sake of clarity - are you receiving clover push notifications on simulator? It was not clear from your mail. I am able to get clover notification on my devkit (clover device).

0 Likes 0 ·
pranit avatar image pranit commented ·

yes sure please recommend any alternative option for Push Notification on clover

0 Likes 0 ·
pranit avatar image pranit commented ·

Please recommend any alternative way to use Push Notification in android

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community