question

adamc avatar image
adamc asked adamc commented

not getting webhooks for sandbox app

We're making a private for a few locations using Clover for their POS. We need to take webhooks to keep our records in sync with activity in Clover.

I've registered our app for webhooks in our sandbox account. But I don't see a way to get our sandbox merchant to load the app, and our server definitely is not getting notified when I create a new item.

What do I need to do?

1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

adamc avatar image adamc commented ·

I also just tried to submit my app in the sandbox and that was rejected. I'm even more confused.

0 Likes 0 ·
Mike M avatar image
Mike M answered adamc commented

You cannot submit apps in Sandbox, when you upload it, it automatically becomes available for your sandbox merchant. That being said, you will still need to tap the install button via the App Market (app or web) to get it onto your sandbox device/emulator.

Additionally, please note that webhooks are not 100% guaranteed, due to external events that are not within our control, such as poor or dropped network connections.

Regarding not receiving webhooks, can you please verify that you followed all the steps mentioned here: https://docs.clover.com/build/web-app...
Also, you can test callbacks using another temporary service, such as http://requestb.in/, to verify that data is indeed not being sent at all.

4 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

I have gone through the web hook registration instructions on the page you linked to. Our app did receive the request with the verification code, and I completed the verification with it. I haven't been able to install the app from the App Market. I've tried many times and found no way to do this. I search "mod" (the name of the app) and it doesn't show up on the app market. I click the link https://sandbox.dev.clover.com/appmarket/apps/HZFJ5XR92RTMW and get a Not Found. Our sandbox test merchant is id BQJ0X97C7Y6R0, FYI.

0 Likes 0 ·

Also, I don't understand "when you upload it, it automatically becomes available for your sandbox merchant." Upload what? We don't have anything to upload.

0 Likes 0 ·

Also, we have reconciliation processes we'll be running periodically to get changes from failed webhooks. We can't assume 100% success on webhook calls from any of the external services we use.

0 Likes 0 ·

Can I add more than one webhook url? I'd like to try your requestbin suggestion but it seems like I'd have to delete my existing webhook url.

0 Likes 0 ·
adamc avatar image
adamc answered

The problem was that I didn't have a subscription set up in the US, so the app didn't show up in the app store. I saw this handy message in our app status screen

Your merchant is in US, but your app does not have an enabled subscription for that country. Add a subscription for your merchant's country to enable App Market preview.

To fix this click edit pricing on that screen and add a pricing level in your country. Then the app should appear in the app market. Search for the app name from the app market as your test merchant and add it. After that, my app started receiving webhook notifications.

10 |2000

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community