question

Bryanne Vega avatar image
Bryanne Vega asked Bryanne Vega commented

Get Device From Payment

How would I know or identify what device did the payment came from?

I'm trying to associate devices with payments ID that we receive from the webhooks so we can sent notifications to the device.

Example:

A payment was made from Clover GO, we want our backend (Webhook) to do some logistics & then send the results to our app in from where the Clover GO payment came from!

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Jeffrey Blattman avatar image
Jeffrey Blattman answered Bryanne Vega commented

Payments have a device field. That's the Clover device ID. You should be able to use that to send a notification to the device.

5 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Bryanne Vega avatar image Bryanne Vega commented ·

Would an android/iOS device also receive the notification which is running Clover GO?

0 Likes 0 ·
Jeffrey Blattman avatar image Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ commented ·

No it would not.

0 Likes 0 ·

Best case scenario, implement my own notification service since the payment does have the device id?

0 Likes 0 ·
Jeffrey Blattman avatar image Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ commented ·

Payments have a device ID I think. Am I missing something? I losing the context here. Implement your own notification service for Clover Go?

0 Likes 0 ·

The following would happen when a payment is done on the Clover GO app, the user on the same phone has installed another app from us to receive our notification.

Payment is done on Clover GO. Clover GO Pushes Payment Data to API Back-end (mine) receives web-hook, back-end looks up payment object, grabs device ID Back-end send notification to secondary app Secondary app performs logic.

Profit??

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community