question

charly avatar image
charly asked charly commented

Orders in Retail Store?

Good Day,

I think this is a bug: a deleted device turns itself on arbitrarily and have to delete it again.

Am wondering why a device that has been deleted, namely the order printer, will just turn on at will? There are no kitchen orders within this Retail Store. Please advise how to permanently delete the order printer.

Also could this be the cause for open order receipts? Thanks!

Regards, Charly

Orders
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Jeffrey Blattman avatar image
Jeffrey Blattman answered charly commented

That's a feature :) If you do not have a printer configured (either receipt or order), the system will look for the best match and auto configure it for you. Unfortunately you cannot turn this off.

Order printer != kitchen printer. Your order printer is where orders are sent when you print them. If you never print orders, that's fine too, but it's good to at least have the printer configured. You can set your order printer to be the same as your receipt printer.

1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

charly avatar image charly commented ·

Thanks Jeff for the quick reply! lol Maybe a feature, but it's acting like a bug. ;) There is only 1 printer setup for receipts. So if I don't have an order printer, how do I set up the receipt printer as a kitchen order printer not to print out orders at will one right after the other? Thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community