question

mulitskiy avatar image
mulitskiy asked mulitskiy commented

Programmatically created payment links to pay invoices generated outside of clover

Hello,

I'm looking for an easy way to send my customers links to pay their invoices which are generated outside of clover in our in-house billing system. Ideally I should be able to make an API call to tell Clover the amount, customer details and callback URL and receive back a link that will lead customers to hosted payment page where they can pay their invoice with any available payment method. I do not want to create inventory/invoicing within Clover as that's outside of the scope.

I've looked at Clover Hosted checkout API and it seems like almost what I need. I can request checkout (/invoicingcheckoutservice/v1/checkouts) and gives me back URL of the hosted checkout page, but the problem with it is that fact that it expires 15 minutes after creation and therefore not suited to be given to customers along with their invoices.

Can somebody please advise me how (and if) this can be achieved with Clover?

Thanks a lot,

Michael

Payments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

parquet76 avatar image
parquet76 answered

You can use the hosted checkout. You give the user a static link (with required parameters for invoice payment, id, amount, whatever) to the checkout page and you don't create the hosted checkout session until that page is hit, simple.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

mulitskiy avatar image
mulitskiy answered mulitskiy commented

Wow, that's brilliant. I think I can do it indeed. Thank you.
Then a followup questions if you don't mind.
How do I show tax amount on that payment page? I don't want Clover to calculate taxes for me (that's all already calculated on my invoices), I just want it to show it. "taxRates" object in the Hosted Checkout API seems to be for the case when Clover calculates taxes - it requires me to create tax rate and then adds it to given amount. All I need is to show the numbers I'll give it for the line item price, tax and total. No matter what I do it always shows tax as $0. I've tried to populate 'totalTaxAmount' field as well as "taxSummaries" object, nothing helps. Any idea?
Thank you,

Michael

6 comments
10 |2000

parquet76 avatar image parquet76 commented ·

I'm not sure you have any options there. The docs outline how to add taxes, you can't just make stuff up. If you aren't going to follow the docs and use the tax rates the only other thing you can do is add a line item for taxes which might be weird (if the form displays tax as 0).

0 Likes 0 ·
mulitskiy avatar image mulitskiy parquet76 commented ·
I see. Thanks. Do you know if there's a way to add/remove tax rates programmatically, not through dashboard?
0 Likes 0 ·
parquet76 avatar image parquet76 mulitskiy commented ·
Yes, tax rates can be added programmatically. Clover has an extensive REST API, check the docs.
1 Like 1 ·
Show more comments
And by the way, do you know if there's a way to just remove that Tax line from the form, so that I'll just present single cumulative sum to customers?
0 Likes 0 ·
parquet76 avatar image parquet76 mulitskiy commented ·
I don't know if removing the tax line from the display is possible.
0 Likes 0 ·
mulitskiy avatar image
mulitskiy answered mulitskiy commented

Oh, just realized I have one more question.

This hosted checkout form/API seems to be for accepting payment cards only. Is there a way (through hosted checkout or other means) to also accept ACH payments?

Thanks and sorry for the noise.

Michael

2 comments
10 |2000

parquet76 avatar image parquet76 commented ·
Search this forum, there is an option via fiserv telecheck but not within the hosted checkout. Based on the limited docs Clover has on telecheck integration I'm guessing it won't be easy to set up
0 Likes 0 ·
Understood. Thanks again
0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community