question

Bryanne Vega avatar image
Bryanne Vega asked Jacob Abrams commented

Can I stop Register from taking the scanned barcode?

I'm creating an app that listens to some UPC in a specific format.

Can I scan but stop the Register from asking about information about a new item?

The item is the same with variable information.

Or atleast backout from asking information of a new product?

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Jacob Abrams avatar image
Jacob Abrams answered Jacob Abrams commented

Unfortunately at this time I don't believe it is possible to intercept the barcode to prevent it from being received by the Register app. You could try doing something hacky like starting register with some flag like Intent.FLAG_ACTIVITY_CLEAR_TOP to make register restart itself but that might or might not work. I will file a development ticket to support the feature you'd like but no idea if or when that would make its way into the product.

3 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Bryanne Vega avatar image Bryanne Vega commented ·

Making the clover available to an even bigger market is the goal in this application. What I could do is manage the items myself in the application and when we're ready to pay then use the register to complete the process. Comment your thoughts.

0 Likes 0 ·
Jacob Abrams avatar image Jacob Abrams ♦♦ commented ·

It seems the best solution is to have the merchant start your app when they want to scan one of these special barcodes. Your app could display the currently open order on screen and modify it so when they go to back and forth between register and your app they see changes in both places.

0 Likes 0 ·
Bryanne Vega avatar image Bryanne Vega commented ·

Perfect suggestion, thank you.

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community