question

markgraykim avatar image
markgraykim asked markgraykim commented

How can I add a payment to an Atomic order?

Hi,

Now I'm trying to implement new POS system with the Clover Flex gen.2 machine.

so I successfully created a Atomic new order by using 'Create an atomic order' but I have no idea how to add a payment for this newly generated Atomic order by API call. (This order is showing up on dashboard and Clover device's Order list).

Main objective is, I want to send a payment request to Clover device by using any API call like 'Send a payment request to a Clover device' API with the newly generated Atomic order's any referenceable ID (orderID or something).

Or, is there any way to just send a payment request to Clover device with creating new Atomic order at the same time?

Please let me know if there is any way to implement it. I'll wait for your reply.

Thanks!

REST APIe-commerce api
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
parquet76 avatar image
parquet76 answered markgraykim commented

Yes there is a way to send a payment to a clover device. Search for Rest Pay API in the Clover docs, there is a ton of documentation on it.

15 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

markgraykim avatar image markgraykim commented ·

@parquet76@gmail.com Hi, thanks for your reply but I meant how to send a payment request to clover device 'with the Atomic order ID' (or Add a payment to Atomic order). Could you please let me know how to send a payment request to Clover Flex device with that Atomic order information if you have any idea?

I know there is a ton of document and I read most of related information but wasn't able to find out appropriate thing. So please give me any advise if you have any idea. Thanks

0 Likes 0 ·
parquet76 avatar image parquet76 markgraykim commented ·

That isn't supported per my latest knowledge. Generally sending a payment to the device is for external point of sales that have their own concepts of orders, and are only using the clover device to take payment. If you are using the atomic order API, the order is already on the device and the merchant can initiate the payment by selecting the order.

0 Likes 0 ·
markgraykim avatar image markgraykim parquet76 commented ·

Really appreciate your kindly reply. Honestly, that was my main issue. Since I already created new Atomic order by using API call, I wanted to initiate the payment by using 'another API call or any other way' (not selecting order on device manually to add a payment ).

The reason why I mainly tried to use the Atomic order structure is, it wasn't possible to make multiple refund records for one normal order (which has multiple items). If I made a order by using 'Request payment' API call, it was creating one big chunk transaction (not including line item list, definitely because I sent amount only). and in this case, it was only able to make one (or maximum two) refund record. That's why I tried to use an Atomic order for this workflow.

I'd say it's sad if it's really not possible as you mentioned, but I'll keep trying to find out alternative way to implement this flow. Again, thank you for your kindly reply and help!

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community