question

thoughtspacewebsites avatar image
thoughtspacewebsites asked thoughtspacewebsites commented

eCommerce partial auth?

Just to make sure, from everything I'm seeing, it looks like if a card with insufficient funds is processed through the eCommerce /v1/charges endpoint, it declines instead of doing a partial capture. From my testing this appears to be the case, but I saw some past forum questions regarding these charges still showing up at a later date. Can you verify if charges to cards with insufficient funds are indeed declined, and no additional processing needs done on my end to void the charge before prompting the user to try another payment method?

REST APIe-commerce api
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered thoughtspacewebsites commented

Payments made through our ECommerce API that are partially authorized will be rejected. The forum question you are referring to was probably for a semi integration, card-present payment using our Clover Connector (in which case partially authorized payments are allowed and the integrator would need to void the payment, etc.).

1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

thoughtspacewebsites avatar image thoughtspacewebsites commented ·
Thanks for the clarification here.
0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community