question

ccnall avatar image
ccnall asked bryanvargas answered

Unable to create card-on-file customer in production (client from Payeezy)

I'm attempting to create a card-on-file customer with an iFrame API token. This works fine in the Developer Sandbox, but fails in production. I'm following these guidelines:

https://docs.clover.com/reference/createcustomer

However, in production, we're getting Error - 402 Payment Required (card_declined, Token verification failed for token clv_****).

We use the same method for obtaining a token for single-use charges, and it works fine. It only declines when we call v1/customers.

Why would this fail in production for this merchant? If you need their merchant ID, I can provide that.

Thanks!

REST APIe-commerce apiAPI TokenecommerceCustomers
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

ccnall avatar image
ccnall answered

Can anyone please assist?

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

bryanvargas avatar image
bryanvargas answered

Hey I need to know your full flow to understand the issue. Do you know if it is a valid card and are you charging the card first then attempting to save it to a customer? Please provide your flow.

10 |2000

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community