question

jeej avatar image
jeej asked jeej commented

ECommerce API - Pre-Authorize for Zero Dollars but can't Capture

Is it possible with the Ecommerce API to pre-authorize for $0 and capture a charge for the actual amount at a later time? Whenever I try it I receive the following error message "Charge with id {Charge ID} not found."

Our goal is basically to ensure we have a valid card after it's been tokenized but before we make the charge because there are a couple of steps in our flow between collecting the card information and actually charging the card. Do we need to create a card on file customer?

ecommerce
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
bryanvargas avatar image
bryanvargas answered jeej commented

Doing a zero auth is not really supported by Clover, I would recommend doing a $0.01 then increment it with the /v1/charges/{chargeId}/capture endpoint

1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jeej avatar image jeej commented ·
Thanks for the quick response. That was the work around I found as well, 1 cent authorization.
0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community