question

1zero1 avatar image
1zero1 asked 1zero1 commented

See Charge metadata - ecommerce Api

When we use the hosted iFrame and create a charge. We pass some custom metadata. Are they visible somewhere in the dashboard? The goal here is to add some useful information for the end user.

ecommerce
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
1zero1 avatar image
1zero1 answered 1zero1 commented

@bryan.vargas , we are out of luck for an answer on many questions on the forum. You previously answered on one other question we posted. I am reaching to you for a follow-up on these many questions. Sorry for the many tags you'll receive

2 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

bryanvargas avatar image bryanvargas ♦♦ commented ·

What field in the payload are you posting the metadata? Are you using soft descriptions or the actual MetaData Object? Regardless they don't show on the dashboard. Soft descriptions will show on customer's card statement and you can pull the alt_merch_data in the get a payment endpoint.

https://docs.clover.com/docs/setting-soft-descriptors

I would recommend to thoroughly studying our Clover Docs and testing in Sandbox

0 Likes 0 ·
1zero1 avatar image 1zero1 bryanvargas ♦♦ commented ·

Thank you for your answer.

I am talking about the field metadata of the charge describe as this in the doc

metadata
object

Set of key-value pairs that you can attach to the object. This parameter is useful for storing additional information about the object in a structured format.
Length: Maximum 500 characters.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community