question

psubbara avatar image
psubbara asked parquet76 commented

Sending orders to Clover POS and printing

Hello,
I have a 3P web ordering system. I would like to send orders completed from that webapp to Clover POS and have it printed automatically to the bluetooth printer available on site. Note that we will not be using Clover's payment processing. We are using Woocommerce. Can we do this with the WooCommerce Clover plugin? Is this possible to do and if so, can anyone provide guidance and relevant links? Thanks

OrdersApp MarketPrintClover Stationapp approvals
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

parquet76 avatar image
parquet76 answered parquet76 edited

Clover has a WooCommerce plugin, so I'm not sure why you aren't using Clover for processing - https://docs.clover.com/docs/woocommerce. As far as printing orders, I am not sure what you mean by Bluetooth printer but if the printer is already integrated with Clover the print API should work - https://docs.clover.com/docs/printing-orders-rest-api.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

psubbara avatar image
psubbara answered parquet76 commented

@parquet76@gmail.com Thanks for the response. I understand that Clover has a WooCommerce plugin, but I don't want to use it for my use case. Is it possible to use this plugin without using Clover for payments processing? OR can we create an app in the Clover marketplace and use it to send orders without Clover doing the payments processing?
My question on printing is the same - if I were to use the Woocommerce plugin or build an app on the Clover marketplace will that printing automatically happen with Clover's print API?

1 comment
10 |2000

parquet76 avatar image parquet76 commented ·
That plugin is for taking payments, I mentioned it to show you it is possible to use Clover with WooCommerce. Honestly, I am not sure an app that doesn't use Clover for processing would even be approved. I would contact Clover and ask before you start working on it.
0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community