question

vmag avatar image
vmag asked bryanvargas edited

Payment processing like stripe

I am trying to develop a clover app where I would like to charge merchants on purchase of certain supplies. The app itself will be free and they will only be charged when they buy via the app. Instead of integrating a solution like stripe to charge the merchant I was wondering how I can charge the merchants via Clover. I was reading about the Ecommerce API but that seems to pay the merchant that has the app installed and not the developer. Is this use case possible and if so how?

Payments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jackboyd avatar image
jackboyd answered rhajr commented

Hello,

You want to develop a Clover app that charges merchants on the purchase of certain supplies, but you don't want to use Stripe. You're wondering if it's possible to use the Clover Ecommerce API to charge merchants as the developer, rather than the merchant that has the app installed.

Bookiemarket Login

2 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

vmag avatar image vmag commented ·
Yes that is accurate, could it be done with this API?
0 Likes 0 ·
rhajr avatar image rhajr vmag commented ·
Don't think I've seen this being done to be honest. Check forums maybe someone can help you there
0 Likes 0 ·
parquet76 avatar image
parquet76 answered parquet76 edited

It's not possible to directly bill a merchant for items purchased from your app. All merchant billing is handled by Clover via the App market.

2 comments
10 |2000

vmag avatar image vmag commented ·

Does clover allow stripe like I have seen in the order paper app?

0 Likes 0 ·
parquet76 avatar image parquet76 vmag commented ·

Well, if you search this forum you will find this:

https://community.clover.com/questions/1268/can-we-integrate-our-solution-to-clover-even-if-we.htm

However, after a quick skimming of the terms, I don't see anything in there.

You probably will want to contact clover to confirm. But, honestly I would suggest using Clover's ecomm API, your app will likely face less resistance.

0 Likes 0 ·
tony4322167 avatar image
tony4322167 Suspended answered bryanvargas edited

When selecting a payment processing platform, it's important to consider factors such as the cost, ease of use, and features offered by each platform. It may also be helpful to consider the specific needs of your business, such as the types of payment methods you need to support, whether you need fraud detection, and whether you need additional business management tools.

10 |2000

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community