question

julien avatar image
julien asked bryanvargas commented

Cannot send tipAdjust on an Auth request

Hi,

I'm sending an Auth request, which gets approved with a credit card. When trying to tipAdjust it, I get this result:

"Payment is not adjustable Error adding tip.  Payment with id = ************* for the order ************* is not a PREAUTH, it is a "

I've noticed that in the original auth, the following is set:

"isSale":true,"isAuth":false

I assume that because that transaction has been marked as a sale, it rejects the tip adjustment.

If this is the case, what is the logic that decides if an auth is a sale?

Thanks

semi-integrationsAuth
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

bryanvargas avatar image
bryanvargas answered
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

julien avatar image
julien answered

Hi,

This doesn't answer my question, as I am doing an Auth request, which I am later trying to amend to add a tip. Why is my tipAdjustAuth rejected?

Thanks

10 |2000

julien avatar image
julien answered bryanvargas commented

Hi, is there any update on this?

It's been more than a month

4 comments
10 |2000

bryanvargas avatar image bryanvargas ♦♦ commented ·

Please provide more details on your code logic for me to take a look, because if it is returning as a Sale then you can't tip adjust after payment -- it prompts before payment.

Because when I run a sample I was able to tip adjust and the transaction is an Auth:

"isSale":false,"isAuth":true,"isPreAuth":false}
0 Likes 0 ·
julien avatar image julien bryanvargas ♦♦ commented ·

Here's a small sample:

val authRequest = AuthRequest()
authRequest.amount = Math.round(request.amount * 100)
authRequest.externalId = request.id
if (request.isManualEntry) {
    authRequest.cardEntryMethods = CardEntryMethods.ALL
}

authRequest.disableRestartTransactionOnFail = true
authRequest.autoAcceptSignature = true
authRequest.autoAcceptPaymentConfirmations = true
mPaymentConnector.auth(authRequest)

Can you provide your sample so I can see the difference? Or better, provide the logic that decides whether "isSale" is set to true or not?

0 Likes 0 ·
parquet76 avatar image parquet76 julien commented ·

I am guessing you will need to provide Clover with the environment/merchant id. Pre authorizations may be disabled for the merchant.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community