question

sethzuz avatar image
sethzuz asked sethzuz commented

Android emulator keeps displaying "This app was built for an older version of android"

I have set up the emulator (following the instructions at https://docs.clover.com/docs/emulator-setup-in-android-studio) for Clover Station Solo using API 29. I installed the com.clover.engine-2191.apk using `adb install`, made sure adb was running as root, ran `install_apps.py` added my test merchant account, and did an `adb reboot`. I made clover the default launch app and I often get a pop up saying:

"This app was build for an older version of Android and may not work properly. Try checking for updates, or contact the developer."

screenshot-from-2022-10-30-23-04-10.png

What should I do?

Clover Android SDKEmulator
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Jeffrey Blattman avatar image
Jeffrey Blattman answered sethzuz commented

Yes this is expected, and harmless you can dismiss that and ignore.

The message is showing because most Clover apps are built for older versions of Android so as to support our full lineup of devices, some of which were released quite some time ago.

1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

sethzuz avatar image sethzuz commented ·
Thanks - it might be worthwhile putting that in the tutorial?
0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community