question

seanmblum avatar image
seanmblum asked Richelle Herrli commented

Development

I have a potential customer that made an app for an industry. They are hoping for thousands of customers, currently they have maybe a hundred customers. They want to have an integrated payment processor. Is Clover the way to go? Once integrated into the app how do we create merchant accounts for each of the apps customers ?

Is there an SDK for Android/iOS?

Can I test the API?

Is there a web payment I can test?

Can this work without clover?—- card connect perhaps

These are some questions I need help on please

clover developer communityDevKitDeveloper Pay API
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Richelle Herrli avatar image
Richelle Herrli answered Richelle Herrli commented

Clover offers two SDKs:

1. One for apps that run on the Clover Android device (referred to as the Android SDK)
  2. One for the Ecommerce iFrame integration

There is no SDK for non-Clover Android devices at this time. You will need to make REST API calls from your non-Clover Android or iPhone apps.

You can test the Clover REST API by creating a sandbox developer account and setting up a test merchant.

Card Connect is now called Clover Connect. I'm not sure how you could use the Clover APIs without Clover.

2 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

seanmblum avatar image seanmblum commented ·

Thank you for this answer. My merchant is trying to tie the clover processing to hit app. The app he provides for other business in his industry. How would I go about getting merchant accounts setup for anyone that wants to buy and use his app?

In other words. The app developers want to make sure they can integrate clover processing into there app as well as offer clover hardware.

Would I get the end users a merchant account setup and then they can tie the merchant account to there app by via the app company developers. ?

Do you know what I mean?

Also - the app guy just asked :Given there is no non-Android SDK, can an iOS device scan a card with hardware and parse data back to the iOS device?

0 Likes 0 ·
Richelle Herrli avatar image Richelle Herrli ♦♦ seanmblum commented ·

I recommend your merchant/developer review our documentation for Clover REST Pay Display API. It will allow you to send payments to the Clover device via API calls. Alternatively, you could use the Clover Go app to take payments via Cover using a phone.

0 Likes 0 ·
seanmblum avatar image
seanmblum answered Richelle Herrli commented

How can I do this “You can test the Clover REST API by creating a sandbox developer account and setting up a test merchant.” They are ready for this ?

1 comment
10 |2000

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community