question

Shubham Bhawsar avatar image
Shubham Bhawsar asked Jeffrey Blattman answered

On updating android version on clover mini CFP options are breaking

After updating android version in customer facing device, We are getting this leaked ServiceConnection com.clover.cfp.connector.RemoteDeviceConnector exception

1653580599018.png

This is breaking the operational flow of customer facing screen, we are using this service from many years but this update is breaking it......

Clover Mini
1653580599018.png (202.6 KiB)
2 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Shubham Bhawsar avatar image Shubham Bhawsar commented ·

@Development Team please update.....ASAP!

0 Likes 0 ·
kishoresukumaran avatar image kishoresukumaran ♦ Shubham Bhawsar commented ·
Can I know what is the android version you have updated to on the Clover Mini?
0 Likes 0 ·
kishoresukumaran avatar image
kishoresukumaran answered Shubham Bhawsar commented

Hi Subham, following up to my previus question, I have some more clarifications -

what are you seeing, can you elaborate when you say CFP options are breaking. when it started occurring,Who is the merchant (merchant UUID) and debug log showing the issue ? Doubtful that this specific message is the cause, but will look more into it.
You can get the whole device logs using the procedure here - https://docs.clover.com/docs/device-diagnostics

4 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Shubham Bhawsar avatar image Shubham Bhawsar commented ·

Yeah, on adding a item we check if it is of any prohibited category then we show a dialog, it was working correctly before

But after updating android version of customer facing pad (clover mini) it is not showing this dialog on pad (customer side)

0 Likes 0 ·
kishoresukumaran avatar image kishoresukumaran ♦ Shubham Bhawsar commented ·

Thanks for your reply, can you let me know Who is the merchant (merchant UUID) and debug logs from the device which has captured the issue ? You can get the whole device logs using the procedure here - https://docs.clover.com/docs/device-diagnostics
Also let me know the device S/N from which you you are sending these logs.

0 Likes 0 ·
Shubham Bhawsar avatar image Shubham Bhawsar kishoresukumaran ♦ commented ·

@Kishoreskumaran can you please share your developer email, so i share logs files and other details with you on it.....

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Jeffrey Blattman avatar image
Jeffrey Blattman answered

"Service connection leaked" isn't a crash. It's a warning from the OS that you have a programming error.

In this case it means that your code connected, but did not disconnect a service connector before the context went out of scope. E.g., you created a service connector with a service context, but when the service was destroyed you hadn't yet called disconnect. It's unlikely to be related to an OS upgrade. I can suggest you add some debugging and print out object IDs to make sure you're disconnecting every service connector you create within the confines of the context you are creating it with.

I can see in your other crashes in production that you're creating multiple service connector instances.

Service com.dezi.loyalty.LoyaltyCustomerModalService has leaked ServiceConnection com.clover.cfp.connector.RemoteDeviceConnector$1@fe96521 that was originally bound here

It may behoove you to create a single instance and re-use it (e.g. create it in your application class, with the application context). This will relieve you from needing to figure out when to disconnect.

Your app is crashing every few seconds in production for different reasons. I don't think it's related to the leak. Please work with kishoresukumaran to get more information on that. I can suggest you wire up to a crash reporting service so you can have first-hand access to this information in the future.

Finally, it's not clear what OS upgrade you are referring to. All of the crashes on your app in production are on Station 2018 and we've never upgraded the Android version on that device, and haven't released any patches for 6 months or more.

10 |2000

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community