question

oliver84 avatar image
oliver84 asked karthikp commented

Issues with firebase messaging?

I'm working on an app that needs a reliable notification system between devices. I intended to use firebase because the built in Clover notification system isn't guaranteed to work however we're having issues receiving the notifications on the Clover device. I can receive notifications from Clover device to Emulator, but not from Emulator to Clover device.

Anyone else have this issue? What would you suggest as a reliable notification system? I just need to notify devices when new data is available.
Clover Android SDKClover MiniEmulator
3 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

oliver84 avatar image oliver84 commented ·

So if we can't use firebase and the Clover notification method isn't reliable, what are people using to send notifications to their Clover devices?

1 Like 1 ·
Miguel avatar image Miguel commented ·

Firebase notifications require Google Play services to work, and Clover devices do not support this.

0 Likes 0 ·
karthikp avatar image karthikp commented ·
Hi @Miguel , can you please help us understand what approach can be taken knowing Clover notification is unreliable and Firebase cannot be used. Can you pls suggest?
0 Likes 0 ·

0 Answers

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community