question

oliver84 avatar image
oliver84 asked karthikp commented

Issues with firebase messaging?

I'm working on an app that needs a reliable notification system between devices. I intended to use firebase because the built in Clover notification system isn't guaranteed to work however we're having issues receiving the notifications on the Clover device. I can receive notifications from Clover device to Emulator, but not from Emulator to Clover device.

Anyone else have this issue? What would you suggest as a reliable notification system? I just need to notify devices when new data is available.
Clover MiniClover Android SDKEmulator
3 comments
10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

So if we can't use firebase and the Clover notification method isn't reliable, what are people using to send notifications to their Clover devices?

1 Like 1 ·

Firebase notifications require Google Play services to work, and Clover devices do not support this.

0 Likes 0 ·
Hi @Miguel , can you please help us understand what approach can be taken knowing Clover notification is unreliable and Firebase cannot be used. Can you pls suggest?
0 Likes 0 ·

0 Answers

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community