question

ssy4546 avatar image
ssy4546 asked ssy4546 commented

Changing "total tax" text and customizing texts on printed receipt and order receipt

Hi, it has been around a week since we used clover, and there were some questions I have on the printed receipt.

Since our restaurant is temporarily surcharging 5% on every order, we use the "tax and flat fee" function to charge it. However, when customers get their merchant copy receipt, it shows up as a "total tax", as is shown in the attached photo below. Since we are in a state that does not have a sales tax, it confuses our customers. Is there any way that we can adjust the text to temp.charges or at least fee and be able to shown on bill paper?

Additionally, is there any way that we can adjust the location of the modifier texts in order paper ?

Thank you20220411-170612.jpg

the left picture is the customer copy and the right picture is the merchant copy, which our customer will initially see.

thank you

Print
20220411-170612.jpg (126.4 KiB)
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered ssy4546 commented

This forum is for third party developers that build integrations on Clover's platform. But, I will try to help. Give me some time to look into the additional charge issue. I will get back to you with an answer when I have one.

Where would you like to move the modifiers? I don't believe you can change where they appear on the receipt.

5 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

ssy4546 avatar image ssy4546 commented ·
thank you for your answer. In fact, we already use the additional charges for our 5% surcharge. The problem starts when we tried to add a 20% service tip for groups of 6 or more. we tried to find add 20% service tip with the 5% temporary surcharge but we could not. If we use the tax format, the receipt will show as the total tax and the confusion continues. In that case, is there any way that we can make another category of additional charge?

thank you

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ ssy4546 commented ·
Prior to you adding the 20% tip for groups of 6 or more this wasn't a problem? This is only a problem for large groups (non-large groups show additional charges on the merchant receipt)?
0 Likes 0 ·
ssy4546 avatar image ssy4546 David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

It is mostly the larger group with 6 or more, but not the smaller groups. For smaller groups, we can simply apply the additional charge. For 6 or more, we could not find the additional way to add the service tip since the additional change function is occupied with the 5% temp. surcharge. Is there another way that we can make this happen?

Thank you so much.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community