question

terryjayfoster avatar image
terryjayfoster asked David Marginian Deactivated commented

Audible Alert for Signature Required

When a signature is required for a transaction, is it possible to get an audible alert when that screen comes up? The terminal is turned away from the salesperson and, in a busy environment, it is possible to miss the signature requirement and lose the sale.

Orders
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered David Marginian Deactivated commented

Do you have a semi integration with us?

6 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

terryjayfoster avatar image terryjayfoster commented ·
Confession time: I'm just a salesperson that is dealing with this issue. I wanted to post this to a Help board but that option was not available. I apologize if I'm in the wrong spot.
0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ terryjayfoster commented ·

Ok, there are a lot of complexities here. The short answer is, no, there is no way to sound a beep on that screen per my knowledge. But, the merchant should be aware that the transaction is not complete (in a Clover tethered scenario) and they shouldn't just let the customer walk out.

0 Likes 0 ·
terryjayfoster avatar image terryjayfoster David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

As the salesperson who is at the point of sale, I understand we should always turn the screen around and verify if a signature is required. There are moments in the day when we are juggling multiple customers as well as re-stocking and inventorying that distracts us from the transaction at hand. With the screen turned away from us, the visual cue is lost. I was hoping an audible cue would be available to assist us.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community