question

Chris H avatar image
Chris H asked David Marginian Deactivated edited

Merchant registration getting 401 unauthorized

Env: Prod

MerchantId: EWF6DE15K49C6

This merchant has registered with my app a couple times now and each time the token i get back is giving me 401 unauthorized calls against the prod api. Any ideas why just this merchant?

The rest of the registered merchants work.

REST API
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered

You don't need to know that really, the API calls should work regardless, but you could probably figure it out via the billing apis -https://docs.clover.com/docs/billing-for-apps#get-a-merchants-billing-information. Anyway, I searched for API calls from this merchant for your app and I don't see any 401s in the last 15 days. So, I am not sure what to tell you.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered

No, what is your app id? That appears to be some sort of demo merchant.

10 |2000

Chris H avatar image
Chris H answered

HI David, app id: W0YNPZZZ3EXZ6.

Thats correct though im thinking it is a demo merchant. I just need to confirm policy for the terminal owner that we can or can't process orders against a demo merchant.

10 |2000

Chris H avatar image
Chris H answered

also for future reference is there some way programmatically i can determine this next time?

10 |2000

Chris H avatar image
Chris H answered David Marginian Deactivated edited

Nothing has change with the app permissions we've requested. All of the tokens we've gotten back from the merchants that have registered are working except this one. At this point I'm not trying via the app, just a basic postman get. Example of good below.

1648655751084.png

1648655751084.png (96.9 KiB)
1 comment
10 |2000

David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

The Postman request has a different merchant id then in your original post, so, I am not sure what you want me to look at. I think you are confusing things on your end. You are either calling with an old token (obtained before the merchant installed the app) or passing the wrong token for the merchant.

0 Likes 0 ·
Chris H avatar image
Chris H answered David Marginian Deactivated commented

Looking at the billing info it appears this merchant is suppressed? Could that be the reason why?

1648657267261.png

1648657267261.png (69.6 KiB)
1 comment
10 |2000

David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

No, that is expected this is a demo merchant.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community