question

01928-7325x2 avatar image
01928-7325x2 asked David Marginian Deactivated edited

Print API keeps returning "The default printing device is missing"

I'm testing the Print API https://docs.clover.com/reference/ordercreateprintevent
My device using the same printer for both receipt and order.

screen-shot-2022-03-10-at-123010-am.png

The API keeps returning HTTP code 400 with message "The default printing device is missing".
Am I missing something here?

Orders
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered alian commented

Can you provide the details of the request, redacting the access token in a moderator's only comment?

1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

alian avatar image alian commented ·
Body: { "orderRef" : { "id" : "CCSV41S97MZMC" } }

Response:
{ "message" : "The default printing device is missing" }
0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian Deactivated answered David Marginian Deactivated commented

The screenshot you included doesn't match the printers available to that merchant. Have you opened the printer app on your Clover device and added an order printer?

10 |2000

alian avatar image
alian answered

I need to help regarding "

The default printing device is missing

"

10 |2000

David Marginian Deactivated answered alian commented

Can you try manually printing an order from the device? I am being told this action may set the default.

1 comment
10 |2000

alian avatar image alian commented ·
I can print the order manually and its works perfectly. The issue is automatic printing.
0 Likes 0 ·
alian avatar image
alian answered David Marginian Deactivated edited

I have a star MC3 printer. If I create an order in clover POS, it gets printed automatically. The problem occurs when we create an order using clover API and we are using print API "https://docs.clover.com/docs/printing-orders-rest-api" to send the print request. We are getting responses like "The default printing device is missing ". We are able to print manually but this does not solve the problem as the customer wants the order to be printed automatically. Please note that we are using clover POS emulator running in bluestack.
We really appreciate your help in this matter as this is a show stopper for us.
printer-setup-1.jpg

printer-setup-1.jpg (40.0 KiB)
3 comments
10 |2000

David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·
You are trying to test printing via an emulator?
1 Like 1 ·
alian avatar image alian David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

Yes, I have tried printing via emulator but want to be able to print a receipt.
Please give me solution how i can fix this API issue.

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ alian commented ·

You can't test printing functionality with an emulator.

https://docs.clover.com/docs/setting-up-an-android-emulator

When possible, we recommend using a Clover Developer Kit (or DevKit) to fully test your user experience. With DevKits, you have access to hardware-specific functionalities such as:

NFC and Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE)
Secure payments
Printing
Scanning
0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community