question

thedangler avatar image
thedangler asked David Marginian Deactivated commented

Subscription plans UI is flawed

Hello,

Wondering if someone here can inform the dev team that works on subscriptions that the filters are terrible. When you view a plan it should show every customer in that plan with the next bill date.
By default it shows no one because the filters are applied to show only past events.

A client of mine has a plan that shows it has 2 customers. However none of the filters show the customers. NONE of the filters the client chooses shows the customers.

Yes the plan is still active, it's monthly and there is no end date.

I've had multiple complaints about this.

Also, just tried adding a customer to a custom plan with a future start date. Can't access that customer to make changes because the filters do not let you look into the future.

Again flawed design.

Also, to pause a customers subscription I have to pause the whole plan? Who came up with this stuff? I do not see anywhere in the help on how to pause a customers subscription.

Thank you

ecommerce
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered David Marginian Deactivated commented

I would like to pass this info along but I am not sure what you are talking about for most of your points of concern.

"When you view a plan it should show every customer in that plan with the next bill date.
By default it shows no one because the filters are applied to show only past events."

Can you please clarify? Are you referring to the Installs section under the App, the billing transactions UI, something else?

"Also, just tried adding a customer to a custom plan with a future start date. Can't access that customer to make changes because the filters do not let you look into the future."

As a developer you can't "select" or "change" the plan a merchant chose at the time of install. A merchant selects their plan when they install your app. Not sure how you are "adding" a customer to a custom plan or what you mean by future start date.

"Also, to pause a customers subscription I have to pause the whole plan? Who came up with this stuff? I do not see anywhere in the help on how to pause a customers subscription."

We don't have the concept of "pausing", if a merchant does not want your application it will need to be uninstalled or they will need to change to a free plan (downgrade).

8 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

thedangler avatar image thedangler commented ·
Hi David,

This is in the web dashboard. Nothing to do with on device.

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ thedangler commented ·
I am talking about the web dashboard as well.
0 Likes 0 ·
thedangler avatar image thedangler David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·
Then I can only assume you are confused about my comments about recurring billing.

This has nothing to do with 3rd party apps. This is Clover's recurring payments UI and UX. If i'm a merchant using subscription for my clients I'd like to be able to manage those clients as I see fit. Pausing a subscription is a common feature in subscription billing. Also showing all customers in a subscription plan by default is also not working. The simple fact that I can't see what customers are in a plan is CRAZY!
It's a bug with the filters or its an over sight. Because I can't access the customer in a plan I can't change their next bill date or set an end date. See the issue?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community