question

greg-rocket avatar image
greg-rocket asked greg-rocket commented

Marketplace Pricing

I read the developer documentation regarding pricing and to be honest I don't understand it at all. There are vague references to "fees" and "tiers" etc but with no actual pricing and it references talking with sales. I've tried chat support, phone support, multiple times but can't seem to get anyone on the line who knows about Developers building apps in the marketplace and what the cost would be for using the Clover Hardware and App Marketplace. All lines seem to lead to Merchant Services only and I get bounced around a few times only to reach dead end after dead end. Does anyone here have a suggestion on how to reach the right department for getting and understanding the pricing structure.

Also would I have this kind of issue getting support if we put an app into the marketplace?

UPDATING TO ADD MORE CLARITY:

We are interested in possibly becoming an App Marketplace Publisher / Partner.

I have gone over developer documentation, community forums, terms of service documents etc. The only place that references "Cost" of working with Clover is the terms of service but I'm not fully understanding it. Here are the links and below are the sections references. After there are a few additional questions I'm hoping to get answered.
https://www.clover.com/developers
https://docs.clover.com/docs/monetizing-your-apps
https://www.clover.com/developer-agreement

8. APP FEES PAYABLE BY MERCHANTS

8.1 Your App Fees may consist of (i) an auto-recurring monthly subscription fee, (ii) a pay per action fee; (iii) a combination of multiple fee subscription tiers and/or pay per action fees; or (iv) no fee.

Question: I do not understand this and need more clarification on what this is. A Use Case example would help me in understanding what this is. Can you please provide more clarification.

8.2 All App Fees must be collected and processed via the App Market.
Question: We are thinking of adding an APP as an "Add-on" to an existing SaaS application that charges Merchants a subscription fee for the SaaS application which is web based. The Clover "App" would be free add-on Merchants would use for connecting to a POS and at terminal mostly for customer loyalty data collection.

How would rules be applied in this use case? Similar application would probably be FiveStar Loyalty App. Can you tell us how pricing would be with this? I'm guessing it would be a cost per merchant distribution fee as mentioned below? But I'm confused by this 8.2 section an if it applies to us etc. Some Use Case examples would be helpful.

9. FEES PAYABLE BY YOU

9.1 You acknowledge and agree that the overriding principle of the App Market is that any revenue derived from the Installed Apps (including any subscriptions, in-App features, add-ons, extras or the like) is subject to a Transaction Fee.

Question: Again does this subject our existing revenue of our SaaS application to Transaction Fees of the Clover Marketplace if we build an Add On App?

9.2 In consideration of the services provided to you by Clover under these Terms:

1. you will pay to Clover a transaction fee equivalent to thirty percent (30%) of the Net Revenue for each Installed App (the “Transaction Fee”); and
  2. Clover reserves the right, in its sole discretion and upon prior notice to you, to charge you a distribution fee for any Installed Apps that are installed by Merchants for free (the “Distribution Fee”).
    Question: What is the distribution fee? I think we would fall into this category and how is it calculated?

9.3 Clover reserves the right to amend the amount of the Transaction Fee and/or the Distribution Fee from time to time upon prior written notice to you.
Question: What is the "timeline" for the prior written notice. Meaning how much notice would we receive? Is there a cap on raise amounts or % it can be raised in a given period of time etc?

Additional Questions

Our basic is something similar to Five Star Loyalty where we distribute Clover hardware to Merchants so that they can have a at POS terminal that can collect customer loyalty data and interact possibly with the existing POS system but from a terminal perspective.

Can Merchants we sign up use any Merchant Service provider they want with the Hardware?

Can Merchants we sign up have the ability to switch from one Merchant Service provider to a different Merchant Service provider without having to buy new hardware?

Can we drop ship hardware directly from Clover or do we buy it and then ship it ourselves?

Does the API support hardware purchasing and tracking of orders for delivery of hardware to Merchants?

Our system uses bar coded "Cards" which is basically a cashless system for access to different devices. Users are able to check the balance, transfer balances, etc does the system allow for bar code reading of cards that are not Credit Cards? Such as custom loyalty cards or third party bar coded cards?

What support do you provide to App Market Place developers. Currently, I don't see ANY phone, or even ticket system support only community support? Are there support options and if so what are they? Are they provided under any kind for SLA agreement?

I've read your documentation but still have the above questions thanks. Can't seem to find a way to contact support all lines lead me to Merchant Support and I'm not a Merchant.
App Market
4 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

greg-rocket avatar image greg-rocket commented ·

Support do you have a phone number or email I can contact someone at.

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ greg-rocket commented ·

It is unclear what type of support you are requesting? Are you requesting support as a Clover merchant or are you a developer seeking support regarding developing apps on our platform?

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

I just saw your secure message, you can contact developer-relations@devrel.clover.com and please provide them with context on what you are trying to do.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered greg-rocket commented

I am not clear about your question. As a developer you are asking what a merchant would pay to use a Clover device? Or are you asking what you as a developer would pay?

1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

HI did you see the updated questions? Still haven't heard from support.
0 Likes 0 ·
Richelle Herrli avatar image
Richelle Herrli answered greg-rocket commented

App Market is freely available to merchants at any pricing tier. Tier prices vary based on the bank partner or channel a merchant is working with.

1 comment
10 |2000

I've made an update to my post with more clarification.
0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community