question

thedangler avatar image
thedangler asked David Marginian Deactivated commented

ECommerce Service OAuth Flow

I read the Oauth2 docs about auth and tokens.

I'm going to building a services for multiple clients that will use my clover app.

In order to use server to server connections my clients wont want to renew their tokens manually as their service will be on their store front. How do I reliably keep Clover server and my server ( per client ) up to date so they aren't "logged out" and their service can stay up and running for their clients 24/7?

clover developer community
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered David Marginian Deactivated commented

If a particular merchant's calls begin to receive 401s they will need to manually re-auth. We understand this isn't ideal and we are working on a better re-auth solution but do not have an ETA on when it will be available.

2 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

thedangler avatar image thedangler commented ·
But the merchant probably will not see the 401 errors, their clients and users that are paying on their service would see it and think the site is broken.

This is a huge deal. Any solid automated work arounds that you know of besides sending and email to someone ?

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ thedangler commented ·

No. The service that is being used would need to pay attention to the 401s and notify the user. As I said, we understand this is far from ideal, we are working on a better approach.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community