question

Lorraine LIng avatar image
Lorraine LIng asked jmonson commented

Sale on Flex sometimes fails if device is rotated

Our native android app is experiencing issue on Flex devices if user rotates the the screen when calling PaymentConnector.sale() to make a credit card payment.

To isolate the problem, we were able to reproduce similar issue in the Sale App that comes on the Flex Dev Kit:

Summary: Sometimes Sale app on Flex gets errors if try to charge while rotating the device.

Steps

1. On Flex2, open the Sale App
  2. Enter an amount like $11.00.
  3. Rotate the device to landscape
  4. Tap the Charge button

Results: Sometimes the app unexpectedly returns to the Sale screen. The logcat shows errors like:

• No thermal zone for sensor
  • Thermal sensor initialization is failed
  • Resources$NotFoundException

Expected: The app should remain in the credit card payment screen regardless of screen rotation. The logcat does not show the errors.

Impact: This issue is impacting the native Android application we are building for the Flex device because when we call the Sale API, sometimes we never get a call back and sometimes the device enters the pin lock state. We have not seen this issue on the Clover Mini.

Clover FlexSaleandroid 10
1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered jmonson commented

I reported this to the semi integrations team.

20 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Lorraine LIng avatar image Lorraine LIng commented ·
Thanks David. Any update on this?
0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ Lorraine LIng commented ·
No, I will re-ping the team.
0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

We have tried to and been unable to reproduce the issue. I am creating a ticket on our end but I don't expect it will be an urgent matter. If you feel this is incorrect please provide me with more information about how frequently this happens. Please let us know what environment(s) you are seeing this issue on to help us in our testing.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Lorraine LIng avatar image
Lorraine LIng answered

10 |2000

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community