question

Dyego Costa avatar image
Dyego Costa asked hammer answered

Is it possible to use the TransactionRequest.requestId to get informations about the transaction?

I'm specifying the requestId when using the Clover#sale(saleInfo, saleRequestCallback) and noticed that when the requestId is duplicated the device warns me about a possible duplication.

I intend to use this requestId (or any other property that can do what I'll describe) to get informations about the transaction after it's completed. My idea is to store the requestId on my end before send it to Clover so if for some reason my system fail to get back a response from the Clover device I'll have the requestId to ask the device later how did the transaction end up and then update the payment information on my system.

Can I achieve that using the TransactionRequest.requestId or is there currently any other way to do it? I see that there is a API endpoint that returns what I need (GET /v3/merchants/{mId}/payments/{payId}), can I get that information using the requestId I provided when started the sale?

Sale
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

hammer avatar image
hammer answered

Yes, but it will require a token for the merchant that owns the payment.

Example:

https://apisandbox.dev.clover.com/v3/...

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community