question

paypower avatar image
paypower asked taylorroy edited

Hosted Payment page

Does Clover provide HPP, a simple Payment button, not a shopping cart or checkout process, that can be placed on a merchant's website for purposes of taking payments only? If so, is there a link that can be provided to merchant for easy setup? All I'm finding is the API for checkout integration which is not what we're looking for. Merchant does not need eComm solution, just HPP.

Payments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered David Marginian Deactivated edited

The easiest path we currently have is our hosted checkout - https://docs.clover.com/docs/creating-a-hosted-checkout-session..

2 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

paypower avatar image paypower commented ·

For Merchants who are not tech savvy, is there anyone that could jump in a call with them to add it to their website?

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ paypower commented ·

I answered this question below, please show/expand the comments under your question to see my answer.

0 Likes 0 ·
paypower avatar image
paypower answered David Marginian Deactivated commented

For Merchants who are not tech savvy, is there anyone that could jump in a call with them to add it to their website?

1 comment
10 |2000

David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

Not to my knowledge. The hosted checkout requires a bit of development knowledge and in my opinion is beyond the scope of a non-tech savvy merchant. I believe we have some easier solutions in the works, they just aren't ready yet.

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered David Marginian Deactivated edited

Not to my knowledge. The hosted checkout requires a bit of development knowledge and in my opinion is beyond the scope of a non-tech savvy merchant. I believe we have some easier solutions in the works, they just aren't ready yet. FYI, I previously answered this question, select the "show" icon to show the comments under your original question.

10 |2000

taylorroy avatar image
taylorroy answered taylorroy edited

Adding on to this post as I had the same question—looking to link merchant's customers to an online hosted payment page.

I'm setting up a Squarespace site for them, with my basic coding knowledge, and we hoped to be able to add a button that links customers to a payment portal via Clover. Will the Hosted Checkout route be too over my head?

Worried trying to copy/paste/tweak this Js will end badly.

2 comments
10 |2000

David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

It isn't terribly difficult, you need to make a POST request to the checkouts endpoint that will look something like this:

curl --location --request POST 'https://sandbox.dev.clover.com/invoicingcheckoutservice/v1/checkouts' \--header 'Authorization: Bearer your_private_key_here' \--header 'X-Clover-Merchant-Id: your_merchant_uuid_here' \--header 'Content-Type: application/json' \ --data-raw '{  "customer": {},  "shoppingCart": {    "lineItems": [      {        "name": "Floor lamp",        "unitQty": 1,        "price": 10900      }    ]  }}'

Obviously, your shoppingCart will be different. The response will include the URL to the checkout page where you will need to redirect to.

0 Likes 0 ·
taylorroy avatar image taylorroy David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

Okay, thanks so much for your insight! We'll see how this goes...

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community