question

mwightdfm avatar image
mwightdfm asked David Marginian Deactivated edited

Either payment instrument or customer has to be present

I could use some help with ecommerce Im trying to connect between my custom website and Clover

When I try to run a payment from my ecommerce using the payment token I get the following error
Either payment instrument or customer has to be present

Below is my code for creating the order and trying to pay for it I have tried all the different way to create the order and keep coming back to this error

screen-shot-2021-10-06-at-10333-pm.png

screen-shot-2021-10-06-at-10253-pm.png

e-commerce api
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered

Instead of posting your code can you please provide us with the APIs you are using, the requests you are making (redact sensitive information) and the responses you are receiving.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

mwightdfm avatar image
mwightdfm answered David Marginian Deactivated edited

I am using the e-commerce route thats v1/orders/{$orderid}/pay I also tried the v3 version as well both return the error

1 comment
10 |2000

David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

How are you obtaining the card token? Can you provide the card tokenization request or the card number/data you are using (assuming it isn't real)? I think I found your requests in sandbox, but I can't see the payload of your tokenization request. I also just used the same endpoints and did not have the same issue so I am guessing it has to do with the card data you are tokenizing. Try using test card data from here - https://docs.clover.com/docs/test-card-numbers.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community