question

mikhail avatar image
mikhail asked mikhail commented

Custom order types attachment to system order types

I'm trying to figure out a couple of things about custom and system order types.

1) Is there a way to attach a system order type to a custom order type in the admin UI or it can only be done via API?
2) Where/when exactly system order types are used? Both as a separate entity or as a part of a custom order type.

The thing I'm trying to understand is what are the reasons for attaching system order types to custom order types. What would I be (or not be) able to do in case I (don't) attach them?

Orders
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered David Marginian Deactivated edited

1) I don't believe so, it needs to be done via API.

2) Have you seen https://docs.clover.com/reference/merchantgetsystemordertypes? It may be better for you to tell us what you are trying to accomplish, rather than asking where system order types are used.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

mikhail avatar image
mikhail answered David Marginian Deactivated commented

2) Have you seen https://docs.clover.com/reference/merchantgetsystemordertypes? It may be better for you to tell us what you are trying to accomplish, rather than asking where system order types are used.

Yeah, i have seen that. Tha't actually the origin of my questions. I'm developing a let's say a marketplace where we are going to take orders/payments on behalf of our clients. So I'm trying to understand whether we should map custom order types to system order types for our clients. Looks like they won't be able to do it on their own and by default every new client would not have these mapped.

In order to understand that I'm trying to find out what possibilities that would give to the clients. Is there anything that depends on the system order type in the clover admin UI (or in the payments processing logic) for example? Or is it meant just for development purposes, whatever they might be?

1 comment
10 |2000

David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·
I poked around at the code a bit but even after that I am not quite sure. I will have to ask the team responsible for this.
1 Like 1 ·
mikhail avatar image
mikhail answered mikhail commented

another related question here: are system order types the same for any clover account? Is it needed to keep track of them for every customer? Do they ever change?

2 comments
10 |2000

David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·
I think you are overly concerned with system order types. The only functional role order types play is tax exemptions. If you are concerned with tax exemptions for the orders you create then create the appropriate order types.
0 Likes 0 ·
mikhail avatar image mikhail David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·
I don't think I'm overly concerned. I think I'm asking for some basic details about the feature. I only want to understand why system order types are present on your platform and how do they work
0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community