question

vhernandez avatar image
vhernandez asked vhernandez commented

Is there a way to tokenize card on android?

Hello, using a clover hosted iframe (https://docs.clover.com/docs/using-the-clover-hosted-iframe#configuring-the-sdk) there is a way to tokenize a card (clover.createToken()), I've been looking into the clover documentation to know if there is way to do the same on android (using remote pay), however, I haven't found anything, I hope can help me, thank you.

Clover Android SDKRemote Pay Android
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered vhernandez commented

Remote Pay is generally for card present transactions. What is it exactly that you would like to accomplish, card-present or card-not-present? Remote Pay has a vault function which will prompt the customer (card-present) to swipe/dip their card and it will return a token that can be used for a future payment (currently, on device only).

8 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

vhernandez avatar image vhernandez commented ·

we just added a new feature, it requires to know the first 6 and last 4 before the user pays (is a surcharge feature so we change the flow for credit/debit card), so in the iFrame we accomplish it, tokenizing the card, however in the android app seems we don't have a way to do the same, is it right?

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ vhernandez commented ·

I still don't understand from your description what you are trying to accomplish. Is the "Android App" a native Clover app or an app running on a non-Clover device?

0 Likes 0 ·
vhernandez avatar image vhernandez David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

The app is an android application running on a clover mini device, it's using the remote pay display app, so we want to add a surcharge capability (for credit card payments only), so we have to find out the kind of card, if credit we apply surcharge, if debit we don't apply it, the web site that is hosting the clover iFrame, can do it easly because they have a way to find out the kind of card (tokenizing it), however the android app does not have a way, it is because as you said it's for card present payments so right now we have to pre authorize and capture the payment instead of just sale (because we don't know the kind of card), is there a better way to do this, I mean using one of the clover android sdks?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community