question

brokenoval avatar image
brokenoval asked brokenoval commented

Tax Amount missing from dashboard

We are creating orders using the Atomic Order endpoint and Paying for them with our tender using a separate payment request.

There is a discrepency with the treatment of tax and the Tax Amount is missing from all dashboard reports.

E.g. this order in the dashboard showing no tax on the order:
1630419966617.png

the same order receipt showing tax correctly: https://www.eu.clover.com/r/027Q0S1MRXFXJ

We prefer not to touch tax at all as it's extremely complicated, but it seems like there is some sort of issue here. Is this a Clover bug or is there something we are doing incorrectly?

Thanks!

Orders
1630419966617.png (95.7 KiB)
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered brokenoval edited

"We are creating orders using the Atomic Order endpoint and Paying for them with our tender using a separate payment request."

I assume you are using https://docs.clover.com/reference/ordercreatepaymentfororder-2 to add a payment record to the order? Are you adding the taxAmount when you make this request?

3 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brokenoval avatar image brokenoval commented ·
Hi David - yes, that's the second request, and no we aren't adding the tax amount, just assuming the order already knows the tax amount (i.e. we're trying to stay away from any tax calculations) - is that needed?
0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ brokenoval commented ·
Yes, it is required.
0 Likes 0 ·
brokenoval avatar image brokenoval David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

OK cheers I'll look into changing that. Should the receipts be showing 0 tax then too at the moment?

Also - is there any way to go back and amend all previous orders to include the tax amount recorded on the receipts?

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered brokenoval commented

"OK cheers I'll look into changing that. Should the receipts be showing 0 tax then too at the moment?"

The receipt you included a screenshot of is the order receipt.

"Also - is there any way to go back and amend all previous orders to include the tax amount recorded on the receipts?"

You mean payments, not orders. No, I don't believe so.

1 comment
10 |2000

brokenoval avatar image brokenoval commented ·

Right, thanks. FYI - The tax is also showing on the payment receipt e.g. for the same order in the question: https://www.eu.clover.com/tx/p/MVEZBWVDXK2MJ

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community