question

aarongilbert avatar image
aarongilbert asked David Marginian Deactivated commented

Testing Cash Back Flow in Sandbox

Hi,

When enabling cash back on a Clover Flex in sandbox you are not given the option to add or change the amounts. You get an error when trying to add an amount "You have entered a cash back amount that exceeds the maximum allowable amount".

When trying a debit card the option for cashback is not showing when entering the card even though the tick box is ticked for cash back. The device has been rebooted also.

Is there something i am missing?

semi-integrationsSandbox
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered David Marginian Deactivated commented

I am seeing the same error when I try to set-up a new cashback ammount in Setup -> Payments -> Cash back options. However, when I run a debit transaction through Clover's Sale app I am prompted for cashback and can add a cashback amount to the payment.

17 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

aarongilbert avatar image aarongilbert commented ·

I'm not prompted with a yes or no option when using every debit card i have access too. Are you using a specific type of card? being the Sandbox is not very good a recognizing cards its hard to triger the option.

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ aarongilbert commented ·

I am using the standard Discover test card, on the device go to setup -> payments, PIN entry and select "Prompt for Pin". I have asked someone to look into the other issue (setting cashback amounts).

0 Likes 0 ·
aarongilbert avatar image aarongilbert David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

I checked the pin entry and i already had this selected correctly. The main issue is the sandbox not recognising the card. I have used the same card on a Clover Flex in the demo environment and that works fine. I have a few partners that do not have demo devices and only have Dev kits to test with who are having the same issue with not being presented the option. This then stops them from being able to test the Cashback responce

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community