question

travisdbrown avatar image
travisdbrown asked obaid-jatoi commented

What should I do when I get an java.io.IOException when logging into Clover Account?

I am attempting to setup a development environment on my emulator. I have installed com.clover.engine-1856.apk and com.clover.appupdater-1113.apk from the sandbox environment (sandbox.dev.clover.com). When I attempt to add my clover account (by going to Setting -> Add Account) and login I get the following error:

"An error occurred while communicating with the server java.io.IOException"

What am I missing? What should I look into to diagnosis and/or fix this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Emulator
3 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

leonidso avatar image leonidso commented ·

I also facing this issue. I'm using the same environment that previously was working with the apks.

0 Likes 0 ·

I also facing this issue. I'm using the same environment that previously was working with the apks.

0 Likes 0 ·
nirmal avatar image nirmal commented ·

I too facing same issue

0 Likes 0 ·
eveler avatar image
eveler answered eveler commented

I faced this issue on genymotion. So I use another emulator. On AVD emulator all work fine.

2 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

mayur avatar image mayur commented ·

but there is a problem with resolutions

0 Likes 0 ·
eveler avatar image eveler commented ·

@mayur, you can create custom resolutions in "Device definition" tab of AVD Manager

0 Likes 0 ·
Mark Mullan avatar image
Mark Mullan Deactivated answered obaid-jatoi commented

Hi @travisdbrown @Eveler @leonidSO,

We investigated this last week and found this is due to a new release of Genymotion that caused compatibility issues. It can be fixed by changing the build.type of the emulator:

-Start the Genymotion emulator
-adb shell getprop ro.build.type should return 'userdebug' and we want to change it to 'eng' (https://source.android.com/source/building.html)
-adb pull /system/build.prop
-open build.prop in your favorite text editor, set ro.build.type=eng
-adb remount
-adb push build.prop /system/
-adb shell chmod 644 /system/build.prop
-restart the emulator
-adb shell getprop ro.build.type to confirm the change to 'eng'

We are obviously exploring long term solutions which would eliminate the need to run these commands, and will update this thread accordingly.

19 comments
10 |2000

Virtual Device does not get restarted after making above changes.

0 Likes 0 ·
Mark Mullan avatar image Mark Mullan commented ·

@Nirmal you'll need to manually restart the Genymotion emulator on the 2nd to last step.

0 Likes 0 ·

I have restarted but it not boot

0 Likes 0 ·

It is working fine with custom avd emulators

0 Likes 0 ·

@mark.mullan Following the instructions after restart the image is stuck on booting process - Android logo. I have tried the method with current (2.8.1) & previous Genymotion version (2.7.2). ADB checked with Genymotion default and also separate android ADB.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
jprest avatar image
jprest answered

Do we have updates on getting past this with genymotion?

10 |2000

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community