question

tacs avatar image
tacs asked rachel Deactivated commented

Clover EU vs US

Hi.
So i had an account on US server which i was developing.
I got a clover device which is connected to a new EU account. Do i need to create a new sandbox account using the device which is connected to a new EU account using its serial number? Will it override the connection to the production EU account?
May i ask why there is a need to make this separation?
Is there some way for me to have a single account for both platforms or do i need to keep two different account, one for each platform and keep uploading my APP on both accounts?
How do the api request work on this? Is it safe to use same URL or we need to use different depending on the location of the merchant?
This may be a basic question, but its a little confusing...
Cheers.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

rachel avatar image
rachel Deactivated answered rachel Deactivated commented

There's only one sandbox, but there are separate US and EU API servers and app markets. You can use the same email to sign up as a developer in multiple regions, as each uses a separate database. Read more about working in multiple markets here.

6 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

tacs avatar image tacs commented ·

@rachel Ok, thank you.
Is it safe to assume that the itemID or merchantID are uniques?
Is it possible for the merchant A to have an item with the same itemID as the merchant B? Even across EU and US server?
Is it possible for the US server to have a merchant with the same merchantID as the EU server?

0 Likes 0 ·
rachel avatar image rachel commented ·

Hi @Tacs, Clover UUIDs are scoped to the merchant and the category: an itemId will not be repeated for a particular merchant, but it's possible for a different merchant to have an item with the same id. As the EU and US databases are separate, you should not assume uniqueness across environments.

0 Likes 0 ·
tacs avatar image tacs commented ·

@rachel Thanks very much...
I saw somewhere on the forum someone saying that the column with the UUIDs are unique per object, so an item should not be duplicated , link text
May i ask why the need to have separate databases? Amount of data?
Cheers.

0 Likes 0 ·
rachel avatar image rachel commented ·

I'll defer to Jeff's expertise on that, but you still shouldn't assume uniqueness across environments. As one might imagine, there are infrastructure and regulatory reasons for maintaining separate environments.

0 Likes 0 ·
Jeffrey Blattman avatar image Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ commented ·

Complicated question I won't be able to answer fully here, but suffice it to say it has to do with load, management, and regulatory differences. Yes, UUIDs are unique per object type.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community