question

SAMSA Web Team avatar image
SAMSA Web Team asked SAMSA Web Team answered

Clover Dev Kit not connected to our sandbox account

We used our Clover Dev kit unit to develop our app, and got our app approved. Somehow now the devkit doesn't appear to be connected to our sandbox account. Any idea how we can get that reconnected?

Thanks

DevKit
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

SAMSA Web Team answered David Marginian Deactivated commented

Great, thanks! Will there be a way for me to see it in my account once you've finished?

Really appreciate your help

1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

You will need to follow the instructions here to reassociate it with the account you are using - https://docs.clover.com/docs/setting-up-your-devkit#associating-your-dev-kit.

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered

What is the serial number?

10 |2000

I'm not certain. Somehow when it boots it's automatically being re-directed to the app that we developed after a few seconds. I see the screen to log in with a passcode, then after a few seconds it redirects and I don't seem to be able to get out of it. Is there a way I can factory reset or otherwise get to the main menu?

Appreciate your help

1 comment
10 |2000

Check the device physically the serial number should be on the device I believe in the printer compartment area.
0 Likes 0 ·

Serial number is C0.........494

1 comment
10 |2000

This devkit is assigned to developer "SAMSA TEST", 5DH........M.

0 Likes 0 ·
SAMSA Web Team answered David Marginian Deactivated edited

Right - that's us. I believed that I'm logged into that account, where we developed our app and got it approved. We had a couple different developers working on the app in the past couple years, so maybe it's tied to a different account somehow? The account that I believe it belongs in is web@samsa.com.. Any ideas to get us in the right direction?

Appreciate your help

1 comment
10 |2000

Apps are not approved from sandbox, and devkits aren't linked to production accounts, so maybe you are confusing production with sandbox?

0 Likes 0 ·
SAMSA Web Team answered

Yes, it's likely I'm confused. But I'm also logged into our sandbox account (at least one of ours that I'm aware of), and it still doesn't appear to have any devices. Can you let me know the email address of the sandbox slash devkit that it's associated with?

I know that we have our app, but I'd imagine that we'd also have a sandbox where we can continue to develop with our dev kit unit, right? We're kinda new to Clover dev, and trying to make sure we have a dev environment.

Thanks

10 |2000

SAMSA Test is a business in my Clover developer account, but my account appears to not have any devices associated with it. Yes, we're clearly confused - we don't know what we don't know. Any clues to get us in the right direction would be most appreciated

2021-07-02-22-26-06-samsa-test-clover-dashboard-ww.png

2 comments
10 |2000

The developer account linked to the devkit is named "SAMSA TEST" and the uuid is 5DH........M.

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

Ok, this has been completed, go ahead and follow the instructions here - https://docs.clover.com/docs/setting-up-your-devkit#associating-your-dev-kit to reassociate your devkit.

0 Likes 0 ·
SAMSA Web Team answered David Marginian Deactivated edited

David, I'm sure that's one of our accounts but I don't know which email address that's associated with. Can you help me identify which email address is on that account so we can once again use our dev kit?

Appreciate your help

3 comments
10 |2000

I think the best approach is for you to email dev@clover.com and we will unassociate the serial number from the SAMSA TEST developer. Then you can re-associate it to the account you are actually using. Please, remember which account you are using and do not create multiple accounts in the future to prevent this sort of confusion. Please provide the serial number again in the email as well as the developer UUID you want the devkit disassociated with.
0 Likes 0 ·
SAMSA Web Team avatar image SAMSA Web Team David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·
Will do. The developer Uuid is redacted in your posts, so I can't see it. Is there a way for you to get that to me, so I can send that email?

Thanks

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ SAMSA Web Team commented ·

Actually, I have all the info I need, I will take care of this now.

0 Likes 0 ·
SAMSA Web Team answered

David, we REALLY appreciate your help. We're not very familiar with the Clover dev ecosystem, and the developers who interacted most with Clover have moved on. Still getting our feet under us, but I think that you helped us move forward.

Thanks again, and have a great weekend.

God Bless

10 |2000

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community