question

vhernandez avatar image
vhernandez asked ·

is voiding a Pre-Auth payment possible using the native android POS?

I've been trying to void a payment that was preauthorized, however I'm getting an error, I am using the clover native implementation, I checked the sample code out, that sample does not even void a preauthorized payment, I think, voiding a preauthorized payment on native android POS is not possible, Am right?, btw if I use auth instead of pre-auth the payment gets voided.

This is the response I get:

VoidPaymentResponse{json='{"success":false,"result":"FAIL","reason":null,"message":"Void was null","paymentId":null}', bundle=null, changeLog=Bundle[{success=null, reason=null, result=null, paymentId=null, message=null}]}

Clover Android SDK
10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian answered ·

This is an issue with Payment Connector. An issue has been created on our end and I will update this post when it has been resolved and scheduled for a release.

1 comment

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thank you!!
0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian answered ·

What is "native android POS"? It appears to me that you are using Payment Connector, is that correct? I tried voiding a preauth via the Payment Connector example app and I saw a similar error. I will look into it and post back here with my findings.

2 comments

Native android POS is, without using any clover app such as USB Pay Display, Secure Network Pay Display etc. I am only using this clover libraries

implementation "com.clover:clover-remote-interface:${
                      CLOVER_COMMON_VERSION}"
implementation "com.clover.sdk:remote-pay-android-connector:${
                      REMOTE_PAY_ANDROID_VERSION}"
0 Likes 0 ·
Ok, you are using Payment Connector.
1 Like 1 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community