question

brittanyg avatar image
brittanyg asked David Marginian Deactivated commented

Transactions being voided when an online order comes through.

Hi! I own a restaurant and here recently if one of my cashiers takes a payment and an online order comes through at the same time as taking the customers payment that is in the restaurant. Moments later that customers transaction will void on its own.As if being bumped out by the online order coming in. Anyone else have this issue or have an idea on how to stop this from occurring? I have 5 total devices in our restaurant. Wasnt sure if there is a way to also mute the notifications on the other devices. Thank you all!

Orders
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered David Marginian Deactivated commented

That is very strange. An online order coming in should not impact any active payments on the device. Are you using a 3rd party online ordering app or just Clover online ordering? Have you tried contacting Clover support? Can you describe exactly what you see on the device when this occurs?

12 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brittanyg avatar image brittanyg commented ·

Hey david! I just got off the phone with clover support. We only use clover online ordering no 3rd party. The only thing we could come up with is maybe because the online order pops through maybe the employee is not hitting the done button and the transaction voids itself. Didn’t know that was possible so good to know to address with employees . But we have a case number as many of the online orders coming through are also voiding randomly about 1-2xs before they actually go through . Happens about 2-3 times a week here recently.

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ brittanyg commented ·

It is probably best to handle this via Clover support. This forum is for third party developers that need assistance building apps for our platform. However, I am curious what you mean by "the online orders coming through are also voiding randomly about 1-2xs before they actually go through". Can you describe this a bit more?

0 Likes 0 ·
brittanyg avatar image brittanyg David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

Ah ok! Sorry haha! Was looking for answers as I couldn’t find any info at all:) but today for example an online order voided itself 2 times before actually going through as a successful payment. This has been happening several times a week. Last week this happened and a customer was actually charged 2 times for his order and I had to refund one of the payments.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community