question

yilipiao avatar image
yilipiao asked ·

Can I merge all orders for the same customer?

Can I merge all orders for the same name customer? since our front desk created many customers for one customer. so i could not link one customer's orders.

OrdersREST APICustomers
10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

yilipiao avatar image
yilipiao answered ·

How does clover recognize two customers r the same one?

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian answered ·

Our API provides the data and capability to correct this problem, you will just have to write the code to do it. Customers can be updated/deleted and the customers associated with an order can be updated via POSTING to { {url}}/v3/merchants/{ {mid}}/orders/{ {orderId}}:

{
    "customers": [
        {
            "id": "7JWB09RWJHMCE"
        }
    ]
}

11 comments

How does clover recognize two customers r the same one?

And I was exporting customers csv file from clover, but I only got customers who created before Feb, I could't get all customers. I am not sure why.

0 Likes 0 ·

Can you clarify what you mean by export? Are you talking about the export in the UI? There may be some limitation on that. I would use the API to obtain the data.

"How does clover recognize two customers r the same one?"

I don't understand what you are asking, two customers are obviously not the same customer.

0 Likes 0 ·
yilipiao avatar image yilipiao David Marginian ♦♦ ·

1. I am exporting customer csv form data from clover dashboard, and there are not enough customers.

2. how does clover machine recognize who is the same customer? every time I use the same name, the same phone number and email, it still creates a different customer.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Show more comments

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community