question

crod93 avatar image
crod93 asked David Marginian Deactivated commented

Clover API Key change without notice

Hi,

Over the past few weeks I have noticed a few of the Clover API tokens in sandbox and once in prod changed without any warning. Is there a reason why this might have happen? If so please describe so we can prevent this in the future.

Thanks

REST APIAPI Token
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered David Marginian Deactivated commented

I assume you are using merchant tokens, is that correct? Can you describe what you are seeing? I am not sure what you mean by API key changing, is the prior API key still valid?

6 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

crod93 avatar image crod93 commented ·

Yes merchant tokens, we have a custom app that rely on some Clover REST API endpoints, while debugging we noticed a http status of 401. We had to generate or update our tokens in order for it to work. Not sure what caused this.

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ crod93 commented ·

This should only happen if the merchant deleted the existing token. Is your app installed by more than one Clover merchant?

0 Likes 0 ·
crod93 avatar image crod93 David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

Yea our app is installed in more than one merchant, but only one merchant token was changed. Same thing occurred in sandbox a few weeks back.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community