question

charlie123 avatar image
charlie123 asked David Marginian Deactivated edited

Card transaction details

Hi,

I've been looking for a way to discern which type of card was used in a particular transaction using clover's developer API. The reason being that we need to know these for a client's project, because different fees will be applied to different cards e.g Visa Credit vs Visa Debit, Mastercard etc.

I have found something close under the 'cardTransaction' object in a JSON response from the 'Payments' endpoint; however, this only shows whether the card is from Visa or Mastercard, not any further details at all. My question is, can this data be found at all using the API? I realise there are of course limitations to what can be shown in the response, but wouldn't have thought this would be sensitive information.

Any help is greatly appreciated,

Charlie

REST API
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered David Marginian Deactivated edited

If you expand tender "?expand=tender" on your GET payment request you will get additional information. For credit the tender's labelKey will be "com.clover.tender.credit_card", and for debit it will be "com.clover.tender.debit_card".

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community