question

charlie123 avatar image
charlie123 asked David Marginian Deactivated commented

Card transaction fees?

Hello,

I've been told there is a way to see the card/transaction fees applied to a transaction but so far have had no luck in finding it. Looking for some sort of percentage applied to card transactions.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

REST API
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered David Marginian Deactivated commented

Are you a Clover merchant, a prospective Clover merchant or a developer?

6 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

charlie123 avatar image charlie123 commented ·

Thanks for your fast reply, I am a developer

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ charlie123 commented ·

A developer would not have access to this information. I am no expert on the subject but I think it can be complex, and is not always in our control. It would depend if the merchant purchased their devices directly from Clover (in which case the fee structure is simple) or is using a reseller of some sort (in which case the reseller determines this).

1 Like 1 ·
charlie123 avatar image charlie123 David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

That sounds tricky. I'm quite sure our client is using devices purchased directly from Clover; assuming that, do you know where we should be able to find this information?

We have found a field to expand on this page: https://docs.clover.com/reference#paygetpayment-2

Called 'cardTransaction' which has properties such as 'begBalance' and 'endBalance' which sound like what we are looking for, but these 2 do not appear in the API response.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community